Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

LOST!


WEALTH LOST = NOTHING LOST
HEALTH LOST = SOMETHING LOST

CHARACTER LOST = EVERYTHING LOST


The above is printed in bold fonts on an A4 size paper and stuck on the billboard of my father's office.
My daughter is 12 years old and she was asking me today," Mummy, what does that mean?" She was trying to remember what was equal to what? She tried to recall and was wrong because she seemed to remember what she thought was the right order.

Her version was

Wealth lost = something lost
Health lost = everything lost
Character lost = nothing lost

She was sure she remembered the correct format and was cheekily happy that for once she had gotten me wrong, so I dialed my father and asked her to confirm with him instead. She was shocked to find she was wrong, but she wasn't convinced.
I explained the meaning of character to her, yet she couldn't relate to wealth lost = nothing lost!
She asked me how can one live without wealth?
According to her, there is no health or character for that matter, without WEALTH.

I was having my usual tete a tete with my mil over tea and she said, there was a woman who had come to seek work, because her husband had left her and she has 4 kids, and she looked so weak and sick.. poor she!

So, no wealth ultimately lead to no character and no health!

Practical life is different, no? I hope my daughter understands that while theory is good to keep in mind, we usually end up being very practical in life!

2 comments:

  1. What looks good on paper is tough to adopt in real life :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would add , or sort of make a change to enhance purba,
    Wealth lost = everthing lost
    Health lost = everything lost
    Character lost every thing lost toooo

    ReplyDelete